Housing Options Support Officer
Team and Post Number:
|Housing & Communities POST NO H&C14|
|Council Offices, Benfleet, Essex|
|Local Scale Point 18 to 25 (£18,870-£23,111 per annum)|
|37 hours per week|
|Monday to Friday|
|Fixed Term Contract|
Number of Positions:
|Friday 30th November 2018|
We are looking for someone to assist with the provision of a seamless service for those seeking advice and assistance with their housing. You will identify potentially homeless applicants and assist with preventing their homelessness wherever possible, providing a frontline customer focus triage service for people seeking housing.
The successful candidate must have:
• Experience of working in the housing sector in a customer facing advisory role
• The ability to demonstrate initiative, pre-empting and analysing problems
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with those who have widely varying communication skills
• Ability to be flexible, prioritise when working under pressure to meet tight timescales and manage a varied workload
For an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact Veronica Jackson (Housing Options Team Leader) on 01268 882324.
Please apply online via the Council’s website where a full Job Description and Person Specification are also available.
Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR on 01268 882294 for an application pack. CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 12 midday Friday 30th November 2018
Interviews expected to be held: 10th and 11th December 2018
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check.
This Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Guidance Notes for Application June 2015.pdf (316kb)
- Key Terms & Conditions January 2015.pdf (128kb)
- Job Profile - Housing Options Support Officer.pdf (189kb)
- Person Specification - Housing Options Support Officer.pdf (85kb)
Continue to complete form: Housing Options Support Officer
Apply by E-Mail
Complete the following forms and return them to email@example.com