Housing Management Officer May 2019
Team and Post Number:
|Housing & Communities HC13|
|Council Offices, Kiln Road, Benfleet|
|Local Scale Point 12-23 (£21,589 to £26,999 per annum) plus essential car user allowance|
|37 hours per week|
|Monday - Friday|
Number of Positions:
|4.00pm Friday 17th May 2019|
Ready for the next step in your housing career? We are looking for a self- motivated housing professional to join our Housing Management team, to take up a permanent contract. We are a small team that handles a varied and busy workload. If you enjoy learning about your tenants and want to help make a difference, you could be exactly who we are looking for.
You will ideally have:
- Knowledge of Housing working practices and associated legislation
- Experience of dealing with anti-social behaviour and tenancy management issues
- Experience of preparing cases for, and attending, court regarding tenancy breaches
- Rent arrears recovery
- Welfare Benefits knowledge
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build good working relationships with tenants, leaseholders and partner organisations
- The ability to quickly adapt to working in a changing environment & support the existing members of the Housing Service
- A common sense approach to dealing with situations
- The ability to learn quickly
You will work closely with tenants and colleagues in Housing Maintenance and Sheltered Housing and you will play an active part in developing relationships between these areas. Experience in Housing is essential.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Liz Robinson (Housing Management & Rents Manager) on 01268 882429.
Please apply online using the hyperlink below. Alternatively you may wish to call HR on 01268 882294 or email email@example.com for an application pack. CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 4.00pm Friday 17th May 2019
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check.
This Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Guidance Notes for Application June 2015.pdf (316kb)
- Key Terms & Conditions January 2015.pdf (128kb)
- Job Profile - Housing Management Officer April 2019.pdf (193kb)
- Person Specification - Housing Management Officer April 2019.pdf (86kb)
Continue to complete form: Housing Management Officer May 2019
Apply by E-Mail
Complete the following forms and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org