Historic Planning Data
Acquiring a Full history search:The best way to obtain a full history relating to your property is to undertake a land charges search. The land charges search will reveal all local land charges registered against land or property, not just those relating to a particular area such as planning or building control.
Acquiring Planning history:Search the planning history of a property:
2006 – Present
Pre 2006You will need to locate the reference number(s) for planning decisions. You can then use the reference number(s) to search for the planning decision notice(s) to which they refer.
Please read full guidance on how to perform the searches below.
- Search the planning maps to locate the property.
- Record all planning reference numbers.
- THEN browse to the year in decision notices and locate the unique identifier for the property.
NOTE: We do not provide copies of plans and copies of plans pre 2006 are not available on line, they can only be viewed in person
Viewing documents:If you would like view planning documents in person please
- Complete the online form.
- You will be asked to provide the reference numbers of the document(s) you would like to view.
- Perform a land charges search OR
- Perform a search on the planning history as indicated above, both the 2006 - present and pre 2006 to be certain.
There is a charge of £25 for locating and collating the information. We will contact you to advise you when the documents will be available to view